What’s the role?
We’re Nude. We’re building a business which promotes financial wellbeing, with our purpose being rooted in helping people to achieve those all important life goals. That starts with helping people buy their first home – but it definitely doesn’t end there (we’ve got big plans for the future)!
Over the last 12 months, we’ve launched a great app, brought an awesome team on board, and our community of first-time buyers is growing bigger every day.
We’re new but we’re ambitious: we want to have a positive impact on the lives of millions of users in the years to come. If you want to join us on our mission, and have a job that gets you jumping out of bed every morning, read on…
How we work
Simple: we trust each other. This means Nude employees can work from wherever they want in the world – we’ve got people logging in every day from Berlin, Brussels, and all over the UK.
Our development team are a super friendly bunch who help to make our app + customer experience better, day by day. We sometimes work autonomously, we’re a pretty quick bunch (like most start-ups!) and we’re really keen on people learning new skills along the way.
What you’ll do
- Develop the Nude mobile app and savings platform
- Provide technical leadership over parts of our savings platform, 3rd party integrations (e.g. payments, treasury, security etc.) and insights platform
- Building the team up through technical decision making, nurturing others professional development, and be a helpful mentor
- Help the team code with performance, scalability, and usability in mind
- Work closely with our amazing team of Engineers, Product Managers, and User Experience experts
- Be involved in early stage conversations to assess viability, recommend the architecture and then implement the solution
What we’re looking for
- You’ll know all about software best practices like refactoring, clean code, SOLID principles, domain driven design, encapsulation etc.
- Experience working with agile, lean and/or continuous delivery approaches and best practices such as continuous integration, TDD, infrastructure as code etc)
- Ability to assess different technology solutions and collaborate with others to implement the solution
- A passion for software development and creating a great experience for our customers
- Great OO skills and knowledge of design patterns
- Someone who loves working in a collaborative environment which will see you working with different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- It would be awesome if you had some past experience in financial services, preferably within payments and administration systems, but it’s not a dealbreaker
- C# or Python
- SQL Server or PostgreSQL
Nice to have
- React Native
- Rest API
We sometimes have meet-ups in Glasgow, but we’ve hired great people from all over the UK (and beyond)!
If you work remotely we ask that you come over to Glasgow every now and then to meet the team.
£55 - £70k depending on experience.
What we offer
Excited by the thought of joining a company in its early days? Do you have a burning desire to work towards a really great cause? Nude might just be the place for you.
As well as your salary, you’ll get:
- Pension: A contribution from Nude of 10% of your salary towards your retirement, irrespective of what you contribute, on successful completion of the probationary period (3 months).
- Shares: We want everyone who works at Nude to be part of our success, so we’ve created an employee share option scheme. Our aim is to provide share options for you, plus the ability for you to buy more if you want.
- Holidays: 32 days including public holidays which are flexible (based on Scottish public holidays).
- Flexible hours: We trust you to work the schedule that’s most productive for you and your teammates. (Standard 35 hours per week, to be worked at times to suit you within our office hours which are between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday).
- Get comfy: Working from home it’s important that you are set up for success, so we’ll make sure you have the gear you need to work comfortably and effectively.
- Always improving: We’ll provide you with £1,000 (gross) every year to spend however you like on personal development and learning.
- Developer Toolbox: We pay for licenses so all our Developers have access to a toolbox of best in class development tools.
- Your wellbeing: We provide a wellbeing budget of £400 every year to spend how you like - from yoga to the gym and everything in between.
- Big picture days: We’d like you to be part of one or two days a year when we take time out to think about social trends and how Nude should evolve as the world evolves around us.