What’s the role?
We’re laying the foundations for a new kind of bank. We’re tackling one huge problem at a time and that starts with fixing a part of society we think is unfair - the barriers that stop young people from buying a home.
We’re initially rebuilding the home-buying experience to make it easier and more enjoyable than ever before. Our app combines data and behavioural science to provide insights and money-saving ideas that help people get their home sooner.
We’ve ambitions to go global and to support people through all of life’s big moments, like weddings, children’s accounts and retirement too. We aspire to be one of the most exciting, innovative and purpose-driven companies that value our people and the planet as much as our financials.
We’ve raised over £3.5m and we’re recruiting, principally to further develop our app, our data and behavioural science platform and build our savings platform so we can offer Lifetime ISA and other solutions.
What you’ll do
- Be involved in early stage conversations to assess viability, recommend the architecture and then implement the solution
- Develop the Nude mobile app and savings platform - this is a hands on role where your code will set an example to other members of the team
- Provide technical leadership over parts of our savings platform, 3rd party integrations (e.g. payments, treasury, security etc.) and insights platform
- Empower team members by providing professional development, input, and mentorship for technical decision making
- Help the team code with performance, scalability, and usability in mind
- Work closely with a team of Engineers, Product Managers, and User Experience experts to ensure product delivery
What we’re looking for
- Hands-on development and delivery experience with a broad mix of languages and technologies
- Experience working with agile, lean and/or continuous delivery approaches and best practices, such as continuous integration, TDD, infrastructure as code etc.
- Knowledge of software best practices like refactoring, clean code, SOLID principles, domain driven design, encapsulation etc.
- Ability to assess different technology solutions and collaborate with others to implement the solution
- Awareness of business goals and how to align with technology and design patterns
- A passion for software development and creating great user experiences
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge and enterprise integration
- Skills for upholding best practices in engineering, security, and design
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Desirable to have experience in financial services, preferable within payments and administration systems
- C# or Python
- SQL Server or PostgreSQL
Nice to have
- React Native
- Rest API
We have a city-centre HQ in Glasgow and we’re flexible whether you work from here or remotely. If you work remotely we ask that you come into the office now and again to meet and socialise with the team.
£55,000 - £65,000
As well as your salary:
- Pension. A contribution from Nude of 10% of your salary towards your retirement, irrespective of what you contribute.
- Shares. We want everyone who works at Nude to be part of our success, so we’re looking to establish an employee share option scheme. Our aim is to provide share options for you, plus the ability for you to buy more if you want.
- Holidays. 32 days including public holidays.
- Flexible hours. We trust you to work the schedule that’s most productive for you and your teammates.
- Get comfy. If you want to work from home, we’ll make sure you have the gear to work comfortably and effectively.
- Always improving. We’ll provide you with £1,000 every year to spend however you like on personal development and learning.
- Developer Toolbox. We pay for licenses so all our Developers have access to a toolbox of best in class development tools.
- Your wellbeing. We provide a wellbeing budget of £400 every year to spend how you like.
- Big picture days. We’d like you to be part of one or two days a year when we take time out to think about social trends and how Nude should evolve as the world evolves aound us.
These are our current benefits and may change from time to time.
How to apply
- Include this role's title in your subject line (it'll help us to sort through the emails).
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done, e.g. your LinkedIn, Github etc