What’s the role?
We’re laying the foundations for a new kind of bank. We’re tackling one huge problem at a time and that starts with fixing a part of society we think is unfair - the barriers that stop young people from buying a home.
We’re initially rebuilding the home-buying experience to make it easier and more enjoyable than ever before. Our app combines data and behavioural science to provide insights and money-saving ideas that help people get their home sooner.
We’ve ambitions to go global and to support people through all of life’s big moments, like weddings, children’s accounts and retirement too. We aspire to be one of the most exciting, innovative and purpose-driven companies that value our people and the planet as much as our financials.
We’ve raised over £3.5m and we’re recruiting, principally to further develop our app, our data and behavioural science platform and build our savings platform so we can offer Lifetime ISA and other solutions.
What you’ll do
- Work with internal team and external suppliers to gather business requirements, make recommendations, outline problems, opportunities and write detailed business solutions
- Manage requirements from multiple stakeholders, structuring these to support the traceability and tracking of objectives and their associated benefits realisation
- Work with Customer Success team to understand and investigate feedback from customers and thereafter recommend improvements
- Work with Product Manager, Customer Experience lead and development team to agree and manage delivery prioritisation
- Working with development teams to refine Epics and Stories and support their smooth transition into development, test and release
- Effectively support the delivery team through changes in objectives and the re-prioritisation of requirements
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst
- Able to work effectively and collaboratively with a team
- Work with minimal guidance
- Strong core technical business analysis skillset - process mapping, requirements elicitation and workshop facilitation experience
- Agile project experience - working in Agile methodology, writing user stories, attending stand ups meetings, addressing feasibility limitations and gap analysis
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to tailor approach to your audience
- Focus on delivery and quality
- Ability to proactively investigate 3rd party providers and take from initial conversation to delivery
We have a city-centre HQ in Glasgow and we’re flexible whether you work from here or remotely. If you work remotely we ask that you come into the office now and again to meet and socialise with the team.
As well as your salary:
- Pension. A contribution from Nude of 10% of your salary towards your retirement, irrespective of what you contribute.
- Shares. We want everyone who works at Nude to be part of our success, so we’re looking to establish an employee share option scheme. Our aim is to provide share options for you, plus the ability for you to buy more if you want.
- Holidays. 32 days including public holidays.
- Flexible hours. We trust you to work the schedule that’s most productive for you and your teammates.
- Get comfy. If you want to work from home, we’ll make sure you have the gear to work comfortably and effectively.
- Always improving. We’ll provide you with £1,000 every year to spend however you like on personal development and learning.
- Your wellbeing. We provide a wellbeing budget of £400 every year to spend how you like.
- Big picture days. We’d like you to be part of one or two days a year when we take time out to think about social trends and how Nude should evolve as the world evolves aound us.
These are our current benefits and may change from time to time.
How to apply
- Include this role's title in your subject line (it'll help us to sort through the emails).
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done, e.g. your personal website, your CV, LinkedIn, etc